Hors-Pistes regularly works with schools and colleges in particular in order to sensitize students to foreign languages and European cultures. A team of young European volunteers directly involved in the classroom with students in order to perform interactive animations, games and in the chosen language.
The languages we regularly offer are: Italian, Spanish, English and German. Other languages are also possible depending on the volunteers we welcome.
This action is proposed since 2013, developed then in partnership with the Department of Var, which wishes to promote the teaching practices of foreign language learning in colleges.
These interventions can be organized in week-long sessions at the school. For example, in 2016, we intervened:
- at the Collège Django Reinhardt from 25 to 29 April 2016 in Toulon
- at Leï Garrus College from 23 to 27 May 2016 in Saint Maximin la Sainte Baume
- at the Collège Seize Fontaines from 13 to 17 June 2016 in Saint Zacharie
- at the Collège La Marquisanne from 21 to 25 November 2016 in Toulon
- at Henri Bosco College from 5 to 9 December 2016 in Valletta
In total, out of these 5 schools, approximately 3,000 students attended and participated in these interventions.